Friday, September 03, 2010

Dicey Ricey

One week of rice cereal is nearly in the books. Twice a day. Once with mommy. Once with daddy.

Nolan's doing great, but Carla and I have seemed to make it a competition. (She might disagree with me, but competitive people never admit to being competitive).

It all about who can accomplish the feeding in the cleanest of manners. I'll admit, the first time I fed him myself, I was terrible. I didn't take into consideration Nolan's flailing arms, and more of the cereal ended up in the tray of his high chair, or the various areas around his high chair, or on his hands, or his arms, or his face than it did in his mouth. Lesson learned.

And Carla, after hearing me tell her this story, fed Nolan and then immediately came to "show him off" to me when she was finished. There wasn't a drop of cereal on him. And she said with an air of arrogance, "See daddy, feeding Nolan isn't hard at all." She baited the hook. (She so smart. There's a reason she has an MBA).

And I bit with big eyes and a "NO WAY! How did you do that?!?"

She immediately burst out laughing. I had been had. She admitted to 'wiping him down' before bringing him to me.

So now it's on. May the best parent win.

Although getting rice cereal everywhere is rather cute...






No comments: