Saturday, October 02, 2010

Mr. Cool Dad?


It's a romanticized idea really. Being that dad that we all wish we had. Being hip without even trying. And the envy of all your kids friends. Don't deny it. All of us parents wish it.

So in an effort to be Mr. Cool Dad, I put Nolan on my shoulders last night while we were at a party. What's cooler than having your five month old up on your shoulders? Let's be honest...it's not like there's much else you can do to display your oh so nonchalant coolness with a five month old. And putting your kid on your shoulders epitomizes the essence of coolness.

One problem...Nolan likes to throw up...a lot. And I knew this and even thought about it. But hey, I was being Mr. Cool Dad.

Until, to the delight of all 50 people there, Nolan decided to throw up...on my head, which ran down onto my shirt, then my jeans, then my shoes.

And everyone laughed. So did I. There's not much else you can do in a situation like that.

Mr. Cool Dad has been humbled.

2 comments:

grandma said...

Yeah - they learn that in the manual the read in mom's tummy. The other thing in that book is the part about performing all these really cute and advanced things but stare at you like you are crazy if you try and have them do it on camera or with an audience.

Unknown said...

HOW DID I MISS THIS?!?!?!?!